Grant Assessing Discovery Program
The Australian Research Council's (ARC) Discovery Program schemes recognise the importance of fundamental research (sometimes called discovery, basic or blue-sky research) to Australia.
It supports the national innovation system to build 'new' knowledge which will result in the development of new technologies, products and ideas, the creation of jobs, economic growth and an enhanced quality of life in Australia.
The Discovery Program delivers benefit to Australia by building Australia's research capacity by supporting:
- excellent, internationally competitive research by individuals and teams
- research training and career opportunities for the best Australian and international researchers
- international collaboration, and
- research in priority areas.
The Discovery Program is one of two Programs under the ARC's National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP). The schemes within the Discovery Program are:
- Discovery Projects
- Discovery Early Career Researcher Award
- Future Fellowships
- Australian Laureate Fellowships
- Discovery Indigenous.