Grant Assessing Linkage Program
The purpose of the Australian Research Council's (ARC) Linkage Program is to promote national and international research partnerships between researchers and business, industry, community organisations and other publicly funded research agencies. By supporting the development of partnerships, the ARC encourages the transfer of skills, knowledge and ideas as a basis for securing commercial and other benefits of research.
The objectives of the Linkage Program are to deliver outcomes of benefit to Australia and build Australia’s research and innovation capacity through support for:
- collaborative research between university-based researchers and researchers in other sectors
- research training and career opportunities that enable Australian and international researchers and research students to work with industry and other end-users, and
- research in priority areas.
The Linkage Program is one of two Programs under the ARC's National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP). The schemes within the Linkage Program are:
- ARC Centres of Excellence
- Industrial Transformation Research Program
- Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities
- Linkage Learned Academies Special Projects
- Linkage Projects
- Special Research Initiatives
- Supporting Responses to Commonwealth Science Council Priorities
- Industry Fellowships.