Grant assessing SRIs
The Australian Research Council's (ARC) Special Research Initiatives (SRI) fund new fields of research to improve Australia’s global competitiveness. Funding supports cooperative development including:
- activities between researchers
- research of national and international linkages
- innovative research areas
- building the scale and focus of research training
- any other activities consistent with the scheme's objectives.
Funding can be used to develop networks and collaborations or publish research not funded elsewhere.
SRIs are identified by the Government and undergo an open, competitive selection process.
There are currently no active SRI grant rounds open for assessment.